Thursday, July 1, 2010





It's been a busy few days here on the set of 'Virgin Alexander.' Yesterday was a full day. Most of which was spent at Saratoga Springs high school. The very high school that our director, Sean Fallon, spent his formative years! I've never seen a high school theater as spectacular as this one! It's even better than some Broadway theaters I've worked in. It has an incredibly large stage, and a house that even has a little mezzanine. How lucky the kids of this high school are to have such a great facility. After a few days of late night rehearsals (at Alexander's house), I finally shot a couple scenes that required me to 'tap' into my musical abilities. Don't want to give it away, but I even surprised my fiancee, Joyce, with my music skills. Some piano lessons came in handy. Thanks, Mom!

Speaking of Joyce, she made her debut in the film today as a no nonsense professor. She had 3 scenes that took her an average of 2 takes! She's trying to show me up!
Today, we started off at Mugsy's Bar, which was a very cool, local joint (Paige is shown above, behind the bar). Then, we visited the scrap yard (where I'm shown sitting on the tires). Don't I look right at home? After that, it was back to Alexander's house for more shooting (the first picture above). It's really beginning to feel like home, that crazy little house! Just another full day around town, filming "Virgin Alexander" and I'm having a blast! The whole cast and crew are all a bunch of pros.

Okay, I'm off to bed for another long day. I'll be talking to you soon!

Rick

P.S. Third photo down: One of our producers, Houston, is trying to get the garbage truck to start as our directors Charlotte and Sean anxiously await!

No comments:

Post a Comment