Sunday, July 4, 2010



Hello, there, everyone! Happy 4th of July! Well, I'm going into my last week of filming, here in Saratoga Springs. It's been a fantastic two weeks and I can't wait to see how the third week will unfold.

Today, we had a really wonderful cookout, hosted by the inimitable Jim Doyle. He and his guys cooked an entire pig on a huge outdoor wood smoker. It was excellent. Joyce and I ate more than our share of food for the holiday. There was food coming from every angle and it was all so good that it was hard to stop eating. Everyone just chilled out on the big backyard lawn and tossed around frisbees and footballs, a little guitar strummin', and accordian playing, plus a little water fun with the slip and slide! We sure are enjoying the company and beautiful weather we're having in Saratoga. It's such a great place that we don't want to leave!

The last two days of filming have been very busy. It's amazing how fast this movie is coming together. Since I last wrote, we have been on location in many different places; Including: Alexander's house, as usual, an alley way outside a bar, inside a bar, a trolley stop, inside a trolley, a restaurant and of course, inside the good ol' dump truck (and on the outside, too, with me hanging off the side). The shots that we did with the truck on Saturday were done with a mounted camera. They attached it to the driver side door and we did the scenes as we drove. PJ did a great job driving. It's an old truck with a difficult stick, but he manages it really well. He was nervous about something happening to the camera and so was I, but the guys who hooked it up know what they're doing. I had the best time when I was hanging off of the passenger side door, staring in at the girls inside the cab. I don't think it gets much cooler than that!

Also, on Friday, I got to wield a bat around and cause some destruction. In addition to having an emotional scene, I was on top of a junk pile, while hitting and kicking the junk that I was walking on. In a way, I felt like a kid again, except that I was beating up my toys. I also got to hit a porch fence with the bat and kick it until it broke. God, life is good! I won't give anything away, but this point in the story is very critical for my character and he is at his lowest point before he decides to make a decision to act. It was a pretty satisfying moment, as an actor.

This week, we start filming with Bronson Pinchot. He arrived today and couldn't be nicer. I'm looking forward to working with him, this week. He's a very talented actor and I'm interested to see what he brings to his character. I know it will be good, whatever it is.

Alright, well, it's time for me to call it a day. I hope you all had a great 4th. Talk to you later!

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment